Residence permit for foreign students



Residence permit for foreign students


Foreigners studying in China for long terms


Exit and Entry Administration Division of Wuxi Public Security Bureau (No.56 Chongning Road, Chong’an District), Administrative Authorization and Service Center of New District (No.28, Zhenze Road, New District)


Exit and Entry Administration Law of the People’s Republic of China, Regulations of the People’s Republic of China on Administration of the Entry and Exit of Foreigners


(Procedure)Applicants handing in the application—》waiting for approval---》paying the fee[[[[ and ]]]]then receiving the certificates


1.Visa/Stay Permit/Residence Permit application form
2.A recent 2-inch front photo with a white background and no hat
3.Original exit and entry certificate (such as passport or travel document) and its copy
4.Accommodation registration form (original)
5.Foreigners who come to China with an X1 visa, should provide an admittance certificate and a letter written by the admitted school in which the studying terms are manifested; foreigners with other types of visas, should also provide certificates given by educational authorities;
6.School’s original Organization Code Certificate and its copy;
7.Applicants who apply for residence certificates for the first time should accept interviews when application. For those who apply for residence permits valid over one year(one year included), should provide health certificates issued by exit-entry inspection and quarantine authorities(people under 18 years old excluded);
8.If relevant documents are issued by oversea authorities, the documents should be authenticated by Chinese embassies abroad and translated into Chinese.


400RMB for a Residence Permit valid for less than one year; 800 RMB for a Residence Permit valid for one year to 3 years; 1000RMB for a Residence Permit valid for 3 years to 5 years


10 working days


周一至周五(上午9:00~11:30 下午13:00~17:00;夏令时:上午9:00~11:30 下午14:00~17:00)




外国人签证证件申请表.doc (50 KB)